For the first 24 hours
- Reduce exposure to heat such as saunas sunbeds and sunbathing.
- Avoid immersing your hands into water such is swimming pools, long soaks in the bath and lots of washing up.
How to care for your Gel Nails
- Wear gloves whilst doing the washing up, housework and gardening.
- Be careful when using insect repellents and sun lotions. Wipe the nails clean after using these products.
- Moisturise your hands daily with our recommended hand cream and cuticle oil, however be careful not to overload gels with cuticle oil because this could encourage lifting.
- When you need to remove the gels you can either make an appointment in the salon or remove them yourself.
To remove gels
- Purchase Bio-sculpture gel remover. The gel remover can damage surfaces, we advise you are careful it doesn’t spill.
- Buff your nails with an abrasive nail file to break the seal.
- Soak a small piece of cotton wool with gel remover and place over nail and apply nail clip (tin foil can also be used) Repeat on all 5 nails.
- Wait approximately 15 minutes. This time may vary.
- Remove the first clip and use an orange wood stick or similar to gently remove the gel. Re-wrap the nail if it still needs more soaking.
- Repeat on the other hand.
- Use a gently buffer the smooth the surface of the nail.